This content piece will be dedicated to providing you with an easy to follow breakdown on the elite cash plays, safe gpp plays, low owned gpp plays, and fades of today’s NBA main slate.
By utilizing this content you will be able to build +EV lineups and start increasing your DFS ROI in minutes. Our staff uses these along with the player pool below to help create cores. You can find them here, in our Premium Core Plays, where experts such as myself, Ben, Bales, AC and more post cores daily.
|L. Doncic||K. Durant||D. Jordan||NO/LAC|
|E. Bledsoe (Q)||K. Leonard||M. Robinson||BKN/NY|
|E. Payton||B. Ingram||S. Adams||DAL/CHA|
|B. Brown||R. Barrett||E. Kanter||MEM/MIN|
|D. Graham||J. Hart||J. Valanciunas||LAL/OKC|
Updates to come to this section as we approach lock, so continue to check back for more insight.
- Hello everybody and welcome back to another DFS Karma Game Theory article! Today there are a few things to monitor regarding injuries and COVID-19 protocols, so be sure to keep your eyes peeled. For injury news, please make sure to check our injury article here! First off, let’s discuss the huge blockbuster deal that just shook the NBA World. James Harden to the Nets! I’ll stay away from discussing the details of the trade because ultimately it isn’t relevant to the article, other than the fact that Caris Levert, Jarrett Allen and Rodions Kurucs won’t play today. Let’s get right into what that means for fantasy purposes.
- Nets only have 9 available players. I think that Kevin Durant will likely get a little less minutes than usual since it is his first back to back since returning from injury. However they only have 9 players tonight. Look for Joe Harris, Bruce Brown, and Deandre Jordan to become KEY parts of today’s slate. I love a little Brooklyn stack here. I wouldn’t be surprised to see these 3 guys play 35+ minutes out of necessity. On the Knicks side, I like Elfrid Payton, RJ Barrett and Julius Randle. I think that a game stack is VERY viable here and I wouldn’t be surprised to see very high minutes from starters on both sides of the ball.
- The other short handed team that provides a lot of value today is the New Orleans Pelicans. Without Lonzo Ball and Zion Williamson, that opens a ton of minutes for Josh Hart, Eric Bledsoe (Q), and increases usage for Brandon Ingram and Steven Adams. I think we have to monitor if Bledsoe plays because he will be a lock if he does. I loved the Kawhi/KD combo but Josh Hart looks really nice today as well in a 30+ minute role for sure.
- The other short-handed team that is dealing with COVID 19 protocols is the Dallas Mavericks. However, Kristaps Porzingis is returning today so he should provide some minutes for them at the PF/C position. I like him to play around 20ish minutes today if I had to guess. That still leaves the door open for James Johnson as Kleber is out. I like him for 25 minutes today and I expect him to see some ownership.
- I think I will be locking Kevin Durant into my lineups today but I don’t feel as confident in him as yesterday. I can definitely see him playing 28 minutes today, but he can also play another 35 and go off like yesterday. Just proceed with caution here.
- My core for cash games will be Kevin Durant, Deandre Jordan, Bruce Brown (Nets stack!)
- For tournaments, I like the core of Kawhi Leonard, Steven Adams, Elfrid Payton
- Will Bledsoe play? If he does, he will be locked.
- Joe Harris has to start… right?
- Which SF will we pair KD with? I love Kawhi and Ingram… but Hart and Barrett are there too.
- Now, I will go over my full player pool for today, below.
Guys who I will have exposure to today in no particular order [other than those in table above] (PLAYER POOL)
- D. Fox
- T. Jones
- A. Rivers
- P. George
- T. Burke
- C. McCollum
- J. Harris
- T. Haliburton
- N. Alexander Walker
- G. Hayward
- J. Randle
- B. Clarke
- J. Johnson