1. Jaguars- Trevor Lawrence QB– Not much analysis needed here. He’s a lock to go #1 overall to Urban Meyers and the Jags.
2. Jets- Zach Wilson QB– Wilson has arguably the best natural arm in the class. He’s not as mobile as Fields or Lance, but I like the landing spot with the Jets.
3. 49ers- Mac Jones QB– Its time people. Accept it. Mac Jones is going to the 49ers. Whether you agree with it or not, mocking is about trying to predict what will happen. The only reason someone would have someone other than Jones at 3 is just personal bias. Jones is a fit for the Shannahan west coast offense and I believe he will be successful with the 49ers.
4. Falcons- Kyle Pitts TE(Kinda)– Many teams reportedly have Pitts as the #1 player on their board. If the Falcons were forward thinking they would select a QB here. Instead, I believe they select Pitts and try to squeeze whatever they have left out of Matt Ryan.
5. Bengals- Ja’Marr Chase WR– My initial lean early in the process was that the Bengals would go OT to protect Burrow with this selection. Due to the depth of the position, I believe they take Chase here at 5 and attack their offensive line issues in R2/R3.
6. Broncos (via MIA)- Trey Lance QB– The Broncos know what they have in Drew Lock and it’s not pretty. They made the trade for Teddy but he is not the long term solution. They attempt to fix their QB issues by trading up with the Dolphins. Lance would step into an incredible spot for a team with a strong defense and one of the better young skill position groups in the NFL.
7. Patriots (via DET)- Justin Fields QB– Of course Bill Belichick trades up to get Fields after he slides. The Patriots don’t have a long-term QB solution. I expect the Patriots to let Fields sit and develop behind Cam until they are ready to unleash him onto the world.
8. Panthers- Penei Sewell OT– The tackle out of Oregon falls right into the Panthers’ lap. I don’t believe they are in the QB market after trading for Sam Darnold this offseason. They have a massive hole at tackle, and they can’t make a safer pick than Sewell.
9. Dolphins (via DEN)- Jaylen Waddle WR– The Dolphins trade back and get who they believe is the best available skill position player, and that’s Waddle. The Alabama speedster is younger and had an earlier breakout age than teammate Devonta Smith. The Dolphins have a need at WR beyond this season, Waddle + Tua Bama connection will hopefully work well!
10. Cowboys- Patrick Surtain CB- We all saw the Cowboys defense last season. Surtain fills a massive hole for the Cowboys in their secondary. This is a no-brainer pick. There is a potential for the Cowboys to move back if they prefer Horn to Surtain.
11. Giants- Micah Parson LB- Parsons ran a blazing 4.36 40 at his pro day. Incredibly versatile player. Don’t mess this one up Gettleman. There were some rumors about the Gettleman liking Alabama WR Smith, but those have died down.
12. Eagles- Devonta Smith WR- The Eagles are desperate for playmakers. They have swung and missed the past few years on WRs. The fan base will kill them if they don’t try and get Hurts some help. I am personally not a huge fan of Smith as a prospect, the size is a real concern.
13. Chargers- Rashawn Slater OT- Some believe that Slater could be the first tackle off of the board. If he falls here to the Chargers they should submit their pick as quickly as possible! Slater is the perfect piece to help elevate Justin Herbert in year 2.
14. Vikings- Kwity Paye EDGE- Paye is undersized for a traditional EDGE rusher. He is still the most explosive EDGE rusher in this draft class.
15. Lions (via NE)- Jaycee Horn CB- Horn is an elite prospect, new Lions coach Dan Campbell will look to improve his defense so that he can bite the knee caps off of his competition.
16. Cardinals- Zaven Collins LB- Freak of an athlete at LB. Would make this Cardinals defense extremely versatile after acquiring Simmons last season.
17. Raiders-Alijah Vera-Tucker OL- The versatile lineman out of USC is the best interior lineman in the draft.
18. Dolphins- Jaelan Phillips EDGE- Phillips is getting a ton of buzz as we get closer to draft day. He is an elite athlete who had a strange college career. Phillips has elite upside, I see the Dolphins scooping Phillips up if he falls to them.
19. Washington- Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah LB- Special coverage linebacker who fits the fast, athletic defense that the WFT are trying to build under Rivera.
20. Bears- Rashod Bateman WR- One of my favorite WR prospects lands with my favorite team! The Bears are actively looking to trade Anthony Miler right now. Replacing him with Bateman makes a lot of sense. The Bears are in play to move up for a QB, although I believe it’s unlikely.
21. Colts- Christian Darrisaw OT- The Colts have a hole at tackle after the retirement of Anthony Castonzo. The Colts already have one of the best offensive lines in the NFL and getting Darrisaw only improves that unit. Wentz will be very happy to hear Darrisaws name called!
22. Titans- Greg Newsome II CB- The Titans have a massive hole in their secondary after focusing on pass rush this offseason. They cut Butler, Jackson, and Vaccaro over the offseason and need to replace them immediately if they want to compete.
23. Jets- Tevin Jenkins OT- Jenkins fits a similar mold to the Jets tackle selection last year, Becton. Tevin Jenkins is a mauler, it makes a lot of sense for the Jets to invest in protecting their new shiny toy, Zach Wilson.
24. Steelers- Liam Eichenburg OT- The Steelers have massive holes on their offensive line and if they draft anything other than an offensive lineman….well, then they may not be as smart of a franchise as I think they are. They are in the market for Najee Harris, if they select Harris it’s an automatic F grade from me. The talent of your running back doesn’t matter if you don’t have a good offensive line.
25. Jaguars- Trevon Moehrig S- One of the best defensive players in the drafts lands in the Jaguar’s lap. They can build around Moehrig and his versatile skill set. He can play deep safety as well as down in the box and in coverage. Overall, fantastic player.
26. Browns- Joe Tryon– Physical DE that would fit right in to the Browns system. I am extremely high on the Browns heading into the season.
27. Ravens- Jayson Oweh EDGE- The Ravens lost their EDGE rushers last season, it logically makes sense for them to replenish the position in the draft.
28. Saints- Caleb Farley CB- Saints were forced to cut Jenkins in order to get under the cap, they need to replace him and Farley would get that done. Farley is a top 20 talent that is falling due to medical history
29. Packers- Elijah Moore WR- Please, Packers, GET RODGERS SOME HELP! The Packers hopefully heard the criticism last year and address their issues at WR2. If they don’t select a WR, Adams will likely lead the league in targets again this season. The Packers also are in the market for a center, so Landon Dickerson is in play.
30. Bills- Azeez Ojulari EDGE- The Bills saw the formula on how to beat the Chiefs, with a good pass rush. I believe Ojulari has the potential to go higher than this pick. If he falls to the Bills, they should be extremely happy with the player they’re getting.
31. Ravens- Sam Cosmi OT- The Ravens immediately replace Brown with a physical tackle. It is rumored they will be signing Villanueva, former Steelers tackle, after the draft. Adding a young talent to help their run game and protect Lamar Jackson, makes a lot of sense. Ravens are also in play for a WR here. They need to add a complimentary skill position player across from Hollywood Brown.
32. Bucs- Christian Baremore DT- I don’t really believe in “luxury picks”, but the Bucs are returning their entire starting 22 from last year’s Super Bowl team. Vea dealt with injuries and JPP is getting up there in age, Baremore helps solidify the Bucs defensive line.