With today only being a 3-game slate and I believe my content piece the only one coming out for NBA I figured I’ll just write up my core 5-players at each position and why I’m on them. You can access my CORE GPP Plays by signing up for an NBA package at dfskarma.com!
AS NBA is a game where last-minute real-life changes are made before tipoff, always monitor breaking news up to last second!
The plays below in this daily article are low owned pivots and GPP plays. This means that these players will be RELATIVELY low owned, and ‘contrarian’ relative to the more highly owned, chalky plays of the night.
Top PG Plays:
- Tyrone Wallace: This spot could also have been used for Devin Booker but I’ll be writing him up in the SG spot where both of these players are PG/SG eligible. We’ve seen Wallace briefly in the NBA before and we know he is a capable player. Tonight his projections have him locked in for over 25 minutes close to the stone minimum on Draftkings. Locking him into the PG spot in your lineup really opens up flexibility to do what you want elsewhere. He’s a lock for 5x or more tonight.
Top SG Plays:
- Devin Booker: Although the three chalkiest plays on the slate will be Montrezl Harrell, Aldridge, and KAT, I am going to be prioritizing getting Booker in my lineup tonight in an up pace matchup where he’ll be on the floor longer than all of them. If you’re looking to pair Booker up with one of these chalkier studs my favorite go to will be KAT. Booker has the 2nd highest projected usage rate on the slate and will get at least 3-4 more minutes than Walker who is priced essentially the same which makes a massive difference. Booker won’t be low owned but he’ll be providing leverage off the 60% of the field that doesn’t have him and goes the LMA route I am avoiding.
Top SF Plays:
- Josh Jackson: Sticking with another Suns player in what I believe will be a very high scoring game between two teams that don’t play a lot of defense, Josh Jackson continues to open up salary for high-priced players elsewhere in your lineup at just 3.9k on Draftkings. Jackson is going to play 25+ minutes tonight and has a massive ceiling considering his price. 30 DK points isn’t out of the question for Jackson in this matchup. (I also love TJ Warren if you aren’t comfortable with Jackson).
Top PF Plays:
- Tobias Harris: In my opinion, Harris has the higher ceiling than Harrell with his ability to hit the 3-point shot but Harrell is expected to be much higher owned tonight. Trying to gain an edge/leverage on a 3-game slate is tough but Harris > Harrell could pay major dividends if Harris ends up outscoring Harrell in what essentially is an equally good matchup for both PF’s. This is more of a game theory decision that I am taking tonight in my lineups.
Top Center Plays:
- Karl-Anthony Towns: It really isn’t difficult to fit 2-4 studs in your lineup tonight with all the value available (Wallace/Jackson/Acy), so I am likely going to end up with 100% Towns in a spot I think it’s extremely likely he ends up as the highest raw scorer on this slate. By locking in Booker and Towns you get two correlation plays between two players that top the slate in a potential ceiling. Surrounding them with the value and other quality plays (Harris/Warren/Sabonis) will be the recipe for a winning lineup in NBA tonight.
Written By: Robert Viafora