Super small 4 game slate today so I’ll just go over my top GPP plays from each position. Let’s get into my top GPP plays for this slate. You can access my CORE GPP Plays by signing up for an NBA package at dfskarma.com!
AS NBA is a game where last-minute real-life changes are made before tipoff, always monitor breaking news up to last second!
The plays below in this daily article are low owned pivots and GPP plays. This means that these players will be RELATIVELY low owned and ‘contrarian’ relative to the more highly owned, chalky plays of the night.
Top GPP Plays:
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander: Stud rookie who is starting and playing big minutes for the Clippers. Pace-down game but respectable .85 FP/min and solid matchup against Spurs backcourt.
- Dennis Smith Jr.: Only 5.5k on Draftkings but we have to monitor his questionable tag. Much better play on Fanduel but his 7.5x upside on a 4-game slate is worth noting. I love pairing DSJ with Doncic where he is no longer PG eligible.
- Patrick Beverly: Love this play tonight where Beverly should be able to force a lot of turnovers against an inexperienced Spurs starting point guard. He will likely be used on Forbes a ton tonight who is obviously not someone with the offensive skill to overcome this matchup. If Beverly is able to hit a couple buckets tonight he’ll pay off HUGE.
Top GPP Play:
- Zach Lavine: LaVine is the lowest projected owned of the studs at the PG/SG position and is someone I want to capitalize on where he’s now only 7.4k. Although I likely do prefer DeRozan for only 1.1k more I am going to leverage the slate by being over-exposed to LaVine. Also, Harden is an absolute lock and will be in 100% of my lineups.
- Luka Doncic: Similair to LaVine I love Doncic’s projected ownership and his floor/ceiling on this slate. Doncic’s huge game is coming and we’ve seen he’s had the skill to post one of those 60 DK point games if he can bump up the assists in one of these games. Doncic is at an insane 1.16 FP/min rate for a rookie guard over the past month.
Top GPP Play:
- Josh Jackson: I’m paying up huge at the PG/SG position today so we’re going to need to go down to the low-mid tier elsewhere. Jackson is averaging a much higher FP/min over the past month and is getting a pace up matchup against Dallas at only 5.2k.
- Mikal Bridges: I don’t love this play but if Bridges is able to knock down his three-point attempts he will easily hit value at 3.8k. The lanky forward will be able to grab a couple boards and contribute in the steal/block category as well. A 30 point ceiling isn’t unrealistic in this matchup given his minutes.
Top GPP Play:
- Jonathan Isaac: Like I said I’m going to keep the rest of these position’s more in the value tier as I’m prefrencing Harden/DeRozan/Doncic over Harris/Kuzma/Aldridge tonight (I will try to get exposure to LeBron I’m just finding it a bit difficult with roster construction but if you can squeeze Harden and LeBron go for it). Just the stand I’m taking. Isaac is only 4.2k and get’s a nice pace-up matchup against the Bulls who have a fairly weak defensive front court. Isaac should do some eating on Jabari Parker tonight.
- PJ Tucker: Again, a cheap value play that is locked in for major minutes. Tucker is going to play 35+ minutes tonight at 3.8k but will likely be running around on the floor without the ball in his hands for 90% of the game. Tucker will need to contribute in the periphrial categories to post a signifcant score at this price but I love the risk on a 4-game slate for players like Tucker.
Top GPP Play:
- Richaun Holmes: Center is the weakest position on the slate but I am not going to miss out on other’s upside to shove in Vucevic/Jordan/Capela which really would make my lineup construction approach I’m taking tonight impossible. Holmes is a punt but should get extended run if the Mavs play big tonight or if Ayton falls into foul trouble with DeAndre Jordan.
- Tyson Chandler: Don’t love this play but the “safer” punt of these two.
Written By: Robert Viafora