A huge slate on our hands tonight and I’m going to stick with the format I went with yesterday. Let’s get into my top GPP plays for this slate. You can access my CORE GPP Plays by signing up for an NBA package at dfskarma.com!
AS NBA is a game where last-minute real-life changes are made before tipoff, always monitor breaking news up to last second!
The plays below in this daily article are low owned pivots and GPP plays. This means that these players will be RELATIVELY low owned and ‘contrarian’ relative to the more highly owned, chalky plays of the night.
Top GPP Plays:
- Corey Joseph: Joesph has been on fire lately averaging .8 more FP/min over the past month compared to the season. Noticably, Joseph hasn’t seen a real bump in price where he sits tonight at 4.1k. A pace-up game against the 76’ers could provide Joseph with a solid chance to hit towards his ceiling.
- Kyle Anderson: If you’re not a huge fan of Corey Joseph, Kyle Anderson provides an identical like play with potentially more upside depending on Anderson’s minutes. This is a major pace-up game for the Grizzlies and Anderson has been playing well. I don’t love the usage rate he sees on the court but has seen spikes above 19% lately which would allow him to cruise to value.
- Jamal Murray: OKC vs DEN is one of my favorite matchups in the NBA to watch and I’m looking forward to Murray exploding in this pace-up game with the Thunder that has a 218.5 total that I think will go over. If you’re not huge on Murray, De’Aaron Fox is an identical elite play at the same price.
Top GPP Play:
- Evan Turner: Turner is only priced at 4k and is the point guard of this second unit. This year McCollumn an Lillard are playing on the floor a lot of the time together leading to a higher usage for Turner as the 2nd unit leader. In a tough matchup against the Raptors I believe the Blazers will get Turner out there over his minutes projection tonight.
- Iman Shumpert: The total in this game is insane and I love some of the value plays on the Kings side. Shumpert is going to be out there for between 28-32 minutes tonight and is priced only at 3.6k on Draftkings. Shumpert’s ceiling is 10x and with so many points projected to be scored in this one I believe Shumpert will cruise to value. He’ll be one of the staple points in my lineups.
Top GPP Play:
- Tim Hardaway: Hardaway is not a play I like going with but his price has come down slightly to 6.6k and his shot just hasn’t really been falling as often over the last couple games. Although his fp/min has been low recently, his insane usage rate on this Knicks offense in a pace up game against what is pretty soft defense I think we get a huge game out of Hardaway where he could score 30 real life points.
- Joe Harris: Harris’s shot attempts per game have come down a bit over his last five contests leading to a slight drop in his price down to 4.2k. A 30 minute per game starter who is one of the best three point shooter’s in the league will provide upside at this price to get into my lineups at 2% owned.
Top GPP Play:
- Paul Siakam: If you didn’t know I’m a huge believer in Siakam, his game, and his future. I think he’ll be a big time player for years to come. People don’t know how good he is and is consistently under-owned in NBA DFS. This sets up as a perfect matchup against a weak Blazers frontcourt and I will be heavily exposed to Siakam with his price dipping below 6k.
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson: As Hollis-Jefferson continues to work his way into this lineup, he’s going to earn a higher usage rate if he can come close to playing like he did last year. He’s been implementing a three point shot into his game. Let’s not forget RHJ was priced up to 7k towards the end of last season. Buy low on RHJ.
Top GPP Play:
- Jarrett Allen: Allen has massive upside in this matchup that has set up much better than his recent games against centers he doesn’t perform well against. This is a pace-up matchup against the Nets that I think will hit the over in a huge 225 total. If you couldn’t tell I think there is a ton of upside to be had on these cheaper priced Nets tonight against the Wizards front court.
- Willie Cauley-Stein: This is the game of the night for the DFS industry and Cauley-Stein is projected to be under 10% owned. That doesn’t make a lot of sense to me and I love this price on WCS where he has 50 DK point upside.
Written By: Robert Viafora