Today’s a short Friday slate. I’m going to role out a different type of article just to switch it up a bit highlighting my favorite GPP options from my favorite three games to target. Make sure as usual to leverage some of my TOP GPP options with a core of chalkier plays. Let’s get into my top GPP plays for this slate. You can access my CORE GPP Plays by signing up for an NBA package at dfskarma.com!
AS NBA is a game where last-minute real-life changes are made before tipoff, always monitor breaking news up to last second!
The plays below in this daily article are low owned pivots and GPP plays. This means that these players will be RELATIVELY low owned, and ‘contrarian’ relative to the more highly owned, chalky plays of the night.
Grizzlies Vs. Hornets
Top GPP Plays:
- Kemba Walker: Getting home Kemba on a five-game slate for under 20% owned in this current DFS environment is pretty rare. Kemba has not been playing his best of late and he’s seen his price come down to 8.1k. The individual matchup with Mike Conley (if he plays) will likely be a difficult one but is not one I am too concerned about where the usage projections on Walker are over 30%. With one of the highest ceilings on the slate, for a reasonable price, I have to have Kemba Walker in my lineups tonight.
- Kyle Anderson: On the other side of this game we have Kyle Anderson who is one of the more elite value plays on the slate where he is only priced at 4.4k. Anderson is locked in for over 30 minutes a game for the Grizzlies. He’s had multiple 35+ DK point scores over the past few weeks and given the pace up matchup + positive defensive assignment, I believe Anderson is a low risk – high reward play that will go overlooked tonight.
- Shelvin Mack: Keep an eye out for news on Mike Conley. Mack only becomes a relevant play if Conley is ruled out but if that were the case he is one of the locks of the slate. With this being the first game to tip-off tonight we may not get this news until close up to lock. Conley being out would be major boosts to both Mack and Anderson.
Thunder Vs. Heat
Top GPP Plays:
- Russell Westbrook: The ownership projections on Westbrook have him projected to be 20% owned or less. While I would love for these projections to come true I can’t see that being possible on just a five-gamer. With that being said, I’m going to be ALL IN on Westbrook tonight against a weak Heat backcourt that will not be able to slow down Westbrook. I imagine Winslow will be on George leaving Westbrook matched up with Wayne Ellington/Tyler Johnson? That would be comical. Westbrook will dominate tonight.
- Tyler Johnson: The price on a lot of these Heat players are extremely favorable for us looking on from a DFS perspective. Johnson is just 4.2k on Draftkings and should be locked into fairly heavy minutes tonight for the Heat. While his ceiling isn’t really as high as I would like, his ownership projections + solid floor will help stabilize our GPP lineups tonight while providing leverage against the field.
- Hassan Whiteside: Who knows what is going on with minutes? These are things we need to capitalize in DFS as Whiteside in limited minutes has been posting insane fantasy scores. If Steven Adams is playing tonight I imagine the Heat will counter with Whiteside as much as they can as Bam might be slightly too small to match up with Adams. If your take on this game is that Whiteside will only play 20-22 minutes, roll out Steven Adams as a fantastic play who should dominate Adebayo.
Rockets Vs. Nuggets
Top GPP Plays:
- Chris Paul: Harden will likely be the highest owned player on this slate but I’m taking the contrarian approach and staying away. Chris Paul has not looked good this year but we know what he is capable and I’m waiting on a big game from him. A 5-game slate where we get Chris Paul at the cheapest he’s been priced in recent memory I’m buying in.
- Eric Gordon: Again, I’m riding the Harden fade here and getting exposure to Paul/Gordon who has the possibility of posting significant contributions to the Rockets score tonight. Gordon is locked in for over 33 minutes tonight and should be chucking up his usual 10+ three-point attempts. If he can hit a decent clip in addition to some peripherals he’ll cruise to value.
- Nikola Jokic: With the Harden fade you’re going to have to differentiate in the high-tier which is what I’m going to do. While I am prioritizing Westbrook into my lineups, it will be extremely contrarian of a build if you’re able to fit both Jokic and Westbrook. Without a lot of elite value on this slate, it could be difficult but it’s a risk I’m taking.
Written By: Robert Viafora