~Howdy Karma Nation~
**Early season reminder**
These recommended plays are based on research, game scrip theories, and probable trends. With this NHL season in it’s infancy, there is very little to go on. My goal is that you win EVERY night, keep in mind the likelihood of this will increase as the season progresses.
Let’s look at value plays for today’s eight game NHL docket:
- Zack Kassian EDM ($4300-FD, $4200-DK) He has scored in each of Edmonton’s first two games. With Kassian, you get top line exposure to McDavid and Draisaitl plus 2nd-unit power play time. He’s my top value play on this slate vs. Islanders mid-pack defense.
- Tom Wilson WSH ($4200-FD, $4000-DK) He was relatively quiet in his three games, but is due to breakout. Anyone playing 18 mins. per game alongside Ovechkin and Backstrom has great potential on any given night. I’ll wager tonight’s the night at home against the Star’s 28th ranked defense.
- Brett Connolly FLA ($3700-FD, $3200-DK) Extremely cheap and Connolly had an assist in each Panther game so far. I’m on Florida’s 2nd line tonight with Trocheck and Hoffman both off to fast starts. You also get second-unit PP opportunities with Connolly and Carolina’s defense is just mediocre at best.
- T.J. Brodie CGY ($3800-FD, $3500-DK) Call it a gut feeling, but I want in on Calgary at home tonight against the Kings. Brodie pairs nice with Rittich and with his ability to block shots, it won’t take much to hit value with his tiny price tag.
- Mattias Ekholm ($4400-FD, $4500-DK) I love how much ice time Ekholm gets (averaging 21 mins./game) and how active he is. With three point and three blocks in his first two games, his chances of continuing this nice run is high at home facing the Sharks.
- David Rittich CGY ($7700-FD only) Hard to argue with his last performance- a 34 save home shutout over Vancouver. Fanduel’s price hasn’t adjusted while Rittich is the highest priced net-minder on DraftKings (I would take Bobrovsky there). Let’s ride the hot hand and FD’s generosity tonight!