With today only being a 4-game slate similair to yesterday I’ll have my core posted in my GPP Top Play article and I believe my content piece the only one coming out for NBA I figured I’ll just write up my core 5-players at each position and why I’m on them. You can access my CORE GPP Plays by signing up for an NBA package at dfskarma.com!
AS NBA is a game where last-minute real-life changes are made before tipoff, always monitor breaking news up to last second!
The plays below in this daily article are low owned pivots and GPP plays. This means that these players will be RELATIVELY low owned, and ‘contrarian’ relative to the more highly owned, chalky plays of the night.
Top PG Plays:
- Damian Lillard: I’m taking more of a contrarian approach to my build tonight on a 4-game slate where I’m prioritizing Lillard in my lineups and fading Harden while paying up for some of the other big names on this slate (Simmons/Durant). Harden has got to the price point it’s really hard for him to have a huge ceiling Pt/$ wise and you know he’ll be 40%+ owned tonight. A massive game for Harden could still easily have him ending up below 5x. This is quietly a fantastic matchup for Lillard in a pace up game against the Jazz. At just 8.3k Lillard provides more upside than Irving at a cheaper price. He’s the PG I’m rolling with.
Top SG Plays:
- Lance Stephenson: We have to pay down somewhere and with Lance potentially starting for the Lakers today he could be in line for major minutes in which he provides a solid value on a slate without a ton of it. Lance is going to be a high usage player on the floor without Lonzo and is in what should be the highest or second highest scoring game on the slate.
Top SF Plays:
- Ben Simmons: You’re going to need pieces from this Sixers/Rockets game and I am going to be close to all in on Ben Simmons who should be in line for a massive game against a Rockets team that is playing at a top-10 pace in the NBA. At just 8.6k, in his last five games, Simmons has gone for over 50 points in 4/5 and 60 points in 2/5. This is an incredible tear Simmons has been on and if he can keep it up could be the highest raw scorer on this slate.
Top PF Plays:
- Kevin Looney: Although Looney didn’t have a huge game in terms of fantasy points, his minutes essentially were the same with Cousins back and his usage rate barely differentiated from his average. His price has now come down a few hundred dollars on DK and Looney provides enough upside on this slate where we are starved for value that I’ll be all over him tonight where I don’t see him letting us down.
Top Center Plays:
- Ivica Zubac: Zubac has shown insane upside for the Lakers and with Lonzo out they’re really going to need him to produce. Obviously, Embiid is the best player at this position and no doubt he’ll be exposed to my lineups but Zubac at this price allows us a lot of flexibility elsewhere while maintaining an actual 10x ceiling we love to find in DFS. If Zubac can get up to 28-30 minutes tonight which I believe is a possibility the Lakers implement in rotations, he could post a score you’ll need to take down a GPP today.
Written By: Robert Viafora